Flood of 2011

Read all about the flood of 2011.

Read More

Adopt a Family

Learn how to help of the hardest hit.

Read More

Connect on Facebook

Join our Facebook group and connect.

Posted by andrea, September 13, 2011 8:00 pm

FEMA Assistance

  • A major disaster declaration has been declared for Broome and Tioga counties.
  • Individual assistance is available, you can register for FEMA aid by calling 1-800-621-FEMA, TTY 1-800-462-7585, orwww.disasterassistance.gov.
  • Have the following information when you contact FEMA: address and phone number where they can reach you, Social Security number, date of the damage, address of the property, brief description of the damages, insurance information and gross income.
  • You can register even if you have flood insurance.
  • Clean up and make your home safe. If it cannot be made safe, move out because FEMA provides rental assistance.
  • Keep receipts from any repair work, labor and materials.
  • Take pictures of damage and repairs.
  • Check with your insurance company: “Everything moves faster if you know the status of your insurance,” said Mike McCormick, a FEMA spokesman.

Sign up for our mailing list.